Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tonight's dinner - Chicken Enchilidas

This one is one of my favorite recipes!  It has been a family favorite for years.  I like that with a few minor adjustments it is easy to "skinnify" it.

Filling:
Chicken cooked and cut/shredded - I boil a 3 lb bag of boneless chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper and chop with my "salad chopper"
8oz cream cheese, softened - I use fat free cream cheese
1/2 White onion chopped

Place filling in flour tortillas and roll like burritos.  Place in 9x13 baking dish.

Sauce:
8oz sour cream - I used reduced fat
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 package McCormick Taco seasoning
Mix together and pour over rolled enchiladas

Bake 20 minutes at 350.  Top with shredded cheddar/mexican cheese (I used mostly fat free cheddar but added a little of a 4 cheese mexican blend for a little flavor) and bake another 10 minutes or so until cheese is melted.

I was so excited to eat (and we had company over) so I forgot to snap pictures....sorry!  I will try to make this again soon so I can catch up.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment