- After 2 days of walking on the treadmill, my foot was bothering me so badly I was walking like a 87 year old woman
- I was unbelievably bloated and gained about 4 pounds back
- I was hungrier than normal and had serious case of the munchies. Not enough to account for the 4 pounds. I was still good.
- I was also unbelievably gouchy....leading me to believe a case of PMS was in the works
- The mom taxi was running overtime running to and from school activities
The weight was what hit me the hardest. I have been doing so well at eating a good menu. I had just stated working out on the treadmill and was sooooo upset that the pounds added instead of dropping off. I can do okay if I continue to see the pounds drop off, even if slowly. But to see such a big jump for no reason was heartbreaking. If that was going to be how it was going to go, why was I doing all of this? This is what has caused me to fail in the past and go back to my bad habits.
But I kept telling myself, this was likely just hormonally induced and that I needed to just stick with the plan and ride it out. So I did. I stuck with the food plan. I did allow a few more snacks to try to keep the hunger in check, but they were still of the good choice variety. I didn't make it on the treadmill much due to the busy schedule, but I did get a good outdoor walk in on Saturday and will be back on the treadmill up this week.
So the positive note is that while it was a rough week and my scale wasn't very nice to me, I survived. I didn't fall off the wagon. I kept going and persevering. I realized that this was just one small blip in my journey and there are going to be times along the way that don't go as planned. But I don't want to let food and weakness get the best of me. I am stronger than that. So here's to a new week. The good news is that the number on the scale is back down and I am ready to take this week head on. Here's to a good one. :-)