Sunday, February 26, 2012

My favorite kitchen tool these days

I think that I am in love....yes with my husband, my kids, my family, but also with my new favorite kitchen gadget.  I have always been a big fan of The Pampered Chef, but this tool is hands down my favorite in a loooooong time. I bought it at a bridal shower about a year ago but I had pretty much put it in the drawer and forgotten about it.

It is called the "Salad Chopper" but the name does not do it justice.  It is so much more than that.  The magical device looks like a pair of kitchen shears....on steroids.  At the bridal shower, the consultant demo'd making salsa in one bowl using this device to chop the onion, tomatoes, and cilantro.  Awesome.  So I bought it.  I like salsa.  So there in my drawer it sat.

As I have started cooking more and needing to cut more things, I noticed it in the drawer and have begun using it for all kinds of things.  I started using it for chopping cilantro.  Then I graduated to onion and then I got the brilliant idea to try chicken.  I am getting old and doing lots of chopping or stirring can really hurt my hands.  The last time I chopped chicken breasts not only did it seem to take forever, but my hands hurt like crazy by the time I got to the end.

So when I had cooked my chicken for last night's dinner, I wasn't excited about having to chop it.  Not sure what made me think to try it on the chicken but I did and it worked like a charm!  It was sooooo easy and I was done in a jiffy!

So I highly recommend this product....find a Pampered Chef consultant and order yours today!  At only $26 it will pay for itself in no time!



No comments:

Post a Comment