Monday, February 20, 2012

Back on the horse....still didn't like it

Well, I didn't let my first attempt back at the treadmill turn me away.  I knew I needed to just get right back on it to show who's boss.  I know I own this journey, but who am I to kid....I sure feel like I am the one that is owned.  This is sooooo hard.  But I did it anyway.  Fake it until you make it, right?

But I choose to celebrate my successes (watch for a future post with more on that topic).  So here are today's workout induced successes.

  • I got back on the treadmill (even though it's a "holiday" for me....who would have ever thought they would hear me say I worked out on my day off.....not me!)
  • I got 2.2 miles in so far today.  Hoping for another 2.2 later tonight
  • I already have 2 large cups of water downed for today
  • I got another show crossed off my lengthy DVR list 
  • I burned more calories that sitting on the computer browsing Pinterest/Facebook
TIP:  If you are going to watch tv while on the treadmill (and need a good distraction because you hate exercising as much as I do) choose a show that will hold your attention and make you concentrate (preferably a show you really like too).  I found that a show with a detailed plot forced me to concentrate on the show and not how much I just wanted it to be over so I could get off the treadmill.  I found myself getting caught up in the show and wasn't paying (as much) attention to the timer on the treadmill.  Today's workout and tip was brought to you by Criminal Minds.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment