Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday's dinner - Chicken Pot Pie

So Saturday's dinner was Chicken Pot Pie.  When I saw this recipe, I immediately thought of my husband.  That is a kind of meal he would pick if looking through recipes.  He is a pretty traditional kinda guy, especially when it comes to food.  So I was really hoping for a home run when it came to this recipe.

But this recipe was one of those that was just "so-so".  I think with some work it has potential but it didn't wow us off the bat.  I don't think that I have put it on the black list and won't try it again, but it will certainly need some adjustments.

I think the major downfall was that it seemed pretty bland.  I think it certainly needs spice.  The other thing I think I would change is to thaw the veggies before cooking.  Some of them seemed a bit crunchy still.  But it certainly does get extra points for being easy and low in Weight Watchers points.  :-)

Here's the recipe in case anyone has any great ideas on how to make improvements - please share!




Directions:


  1. 1
    Preheat oven to 400.
  2. 2
    Spray 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
  3. 3
    Mix together veggies, chicken and soup. Pour into casserole dish.
  4. 4
    In another bowl, mix bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour over top of chicken mixture.
  5. 5
    Bake for 30 minutes, or until crust is golden.
  6. 6
    6 servings=4.5 points.
  7. 7
    4 servings=6.5 points.


Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/weight-watchers-chicken-pot-pie-167202#ixzz1nYR5Gwsa

No comments:

Post a Comment