Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Whew it's been a while!! Time for an update!

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted on here!!!  Lot's has been happening with my family the last week or so.  I think things have calmed down a bit (knocking on wood!!!) so time to catch back up.  So here are a few updates:

  • # pounds lost to date - ????  I am sad to say that we had a flood in our bathroom last weekend.  Not only was it a total exhausting pain to deal with, I found out that my electronic bathroom scale couldn't swim and became a casualty.  :-(  So I haven't been able to weigh myself since Sat....boooo!  That's been really hard for me since I have been doing it daily since the beginning of January.  So tomorrow night after work I will be headed off to the store to get a new one.  I hate replacing it because all of my readings were with that scale....I was used to it's numbers and readings.  I knew what to expect.  I admit that I am scared to get a new one.  Silly, I know. But I think it feels like mentally I will be starting all over again.  I hope that this is a short-lived panic attack and me and the newbie will be BFF's in no time.
  • I went to KC to visit my brother this week.  I will admit that I did eat McD on the way up there, but more out of necessity than desire.  I really wanted a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich but couldn't find a Wendy's.  And since it's pretty hard to eat a salad while driving, I opted for convenience.  I could have had a grilled chicken at McD too, but I didn't, I got a burger instead.  I also could have eaten a salad before getting back on the road, but since we were running late I didn't.  I know, excuses, excuses.  But I didn't beat myself up over it, I didn't get back into old habits, I just enjoyed the tiny break while I had it.  While in KC I enjoyed cooking two of my favorite meals for my brother and my pregnant SIL while there (brown sugar glazed baked salmon and cilantro lime chicken).  They were both a big hit with them.  I finished getting my book of Pinterest recipes organized - I will try to post some pics tomorrow.  But overall ate well while on the trip....a big success for me for sure, especially with 3 kids in tow!!!
  • While I don't have a scale at the moment, I continue to be amazed at how my clothes are fitting these days.  If you ever find yourself feeling frustrated with your (lack of)  progress (especially on the scale) go try on some of your old clothes.  You may just be AMAZED at how differently things fit.  I have 2 zip up hoodie sweatshirts that not long ago were snug on me and they actually have ROOM to spare now!  WOWZA!  I just love it!!!
  • I am walking in my first 5k race this Saturday.  While I will be walking, not running, I haven't trained at all, and will be pushing my almost 3 year old in the stroller, I am really looking forward to doing this  with my mom.  I am not looking to break any records (except maybe slowest time??) but I can say that I am proud of myself for at least signing up.  Again, something I would never have even considered a year ago.  I am looking forward to this being my first of many and hopefully being able to run one someday.  I am still trying to get myself psyched up to start couch to 5k, but can't quite get myself over the mental block and just get started.  Soon, I hope.  Until then, baby steps.
  • I did try one new recipe while on the trip - the triple chocolate muffins.  I will try to get a blog posted on that tomorrow so stay tuned!!!  I am hoping to avoid any homeowner crisis this weekend so I can get some more recipes tried....wish me luck!!!!
Well, think that's it for tonight.  I am off to read a couple chapters in my book and then bed....this mamma is TIRED!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment