Saturday, March 10, 2012

Brown Sugar glazed salmon - my fave recipe these days

As I was eating the leftovers from last night's dinner.....my favorite meal these days, I realized that I had not shared it on the blog yet....shame on me!!!!!  I was never a salmon eater (my dad loves it.  In fact he goes to a steak house and orders salmon....now that's just crazy!!)  In fact, I hadn't tried it until I tried this recipe about a month ago.  Now I am hooked!!!  I hope you enjoy!!!

Recipe found on Pinterest (my addiction) and compliments of Taste of Home.  I serve it with Uncle Bens Wild Rice and either a side salad or green beans.



  • Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
  • Yield: 8 Servings
152035

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons butter
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 salmon fillet (2-1/2 pounds)

Directions

  • In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the brown sugar, butter and honey until melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in the oil, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes.
  • Place salmon in a large foil-lined baking pan; spoon brown sugar mixture over salmon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.

Nutritional Facts4 ounces cooked salmon equals 295 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment