Sunday, March 11, 2012

Black bean and corn salsa

Looking for snack ideas?  Wanting a healthy choice but something a little different?  I absolutely LOVE this dip!  It works well as an appetizer to take to parties or potlucks, but I will also occasionally make a batch to snack on during the week.

1 can black beans, drained
1 can shopeg corn (a whiter corn and smaller can then golden sweet corn)
1 can Mexican Rotel - cilantro and lime
fresh cilantro chopped - to taste
white onion, chopped - to taste
1/2 tsp lime juice

Mix it all up and serve with tortilla chips.  I used the baked Tostitos Scoops and it was great!

I usually do about a 1/2 cup of salsa and eat with 5-10 chips (I fill the scoops as full of salsa as I can so eating more dip and less chips).  A nice low-cal snack!

I will try to post WW points soon but need to figure out how many servings it makes.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment