Friday, November 30, 2012

I am officially a c25k GRADUATE!



I am BEYOND THRILLED......Graduation day is finally here!!!!!  I am now officially a c25k graduate!  I have done all 24 training sessions. 


me after my last c25k session tonight - note the BIG grin!  

When I was talking at the dinner table the other night about being almost done with c25k, my older daughters (14 & 12) asked me what my treat to myself was going to be for finishing.  I shrugged my shoulders and told them I didn't know.  I didn't think anything.  Honestly, I hadn't really thought about it.  Not sure I really ever thought I would follow through and actually finish so I never really thought about what I would treat myself to.  But after they mentioned it, I realized that I really did need to choose a reward.  I worked hard to meet this goal and I earned something for it!  So here is what I decided to get...
a visual reminder of the goal I achieved.
I will be ordering it this weekend!

C25k was more than just a workout.  I learned so much about myself through this journey.   For starters, I am stronger than I think I am.  I cannot tell you how absolutely proud of myself I am for pushing through the strongest desire to quit I may have ever experienced.  I never thought I would make it past week 1, let alone all the way to the end.  I am still not a fan of running but I love having the goal of completing it, trying to like it, and getting better.  I also realized, even though I really already knew, that sooooo much of this journey is mental.  It is making the decision to do something and finding a way to make it happen.  It doesn't have to be pretty.  It doesn't have to be a world record.  It just needs to be done.  To all of those of you that are just starting or have doubts...you can do it too! Just keep going!

As a bonus for you all (I know you are dying for it), a pic of my outfit today.  Both my teenage girls told me how cute I looked, so I must have been doing something right!  lol



Did you like this post?  
  • Leave a comment!  Who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
  • Sign up to receive new posts via email....simply put your email in the white box at the top of the page.  
  • Pin a link on Pinterest...and don't forget to follow me!
  • Like my "Losing It" facebook page -  https://www.facebook.com/losingit2012


4 comments:

  1. Way to go! That's awesome! And you look super cute with your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing -- you look super cute in your outfit... LOVE the smile after your last C25K workout.. I've found that having (attainable) goals is my key to keeping moving/motivated... What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job!!! I'm starting my C25K Monday!!! Wish me luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! you are so right, that 90% of running is mental. How many times have *I* said to myself, "aw, just take a leeeetle break, how bad is that?" NOT HAPPENING! I push through it and feel SO awesome when I finish. I'm now working on the C210K program and wow, 10 minutes running (4x) interspersed with ONLY 1 minute of walking. Holy hell is that tough. But I am doing it! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete