Monday, February 11, 2013

Motivational Monday - 2/11/13

I am just on CLOUD NINE with my scale results from last week!!!!  It is sooo awesome to finally have a week with impressive results.  Although I try really hard to not compare myself with others,I will be honest and tell you it is hard when you hear of others having 3, 4, 5, 6, or even 7 pound a week losses.  I know I have been working hard and doing the right things, but when the scale is stubborn, it is hard to not get discouraged occasionally.  I am human afterall.  But it was awesome to step on the scale and continue to see lower numbers - it felt like it was just melting off! 

Oh but if it were only that easy all the time!!!!  I definitely don't expect these fantastic results to continue.  But it has sure been enjoyable and energizing while it has lasted!  It has renewed me with hope and optimism again...I feel refueled.  Ahhhhh, just what I needed!

Last week I was trying to fight off some sort of bug.  I was fighting a slightly stuffy nose, drainage, scratchy throat, and just felt EXHAUSTED!  But I am grateful for my health!  So many people have been fighting terrible nasty bugs this year - the flu, viruses and all kinds of ICK!  I am sooo blessed to have been this lucky so far!  I really do credit my better eating and exercise for my overall general health the last couple of years!  I used to get terrible sinus infections that would settle in my chest and I would get bronchitis and borderline pheumonia.  I was miserable for weeks.  But it seems that since I have started eating, exercising and taking better care of myself, I have been far less sick.  YAY for being healthy...yes I am knocking on wood as I type!

So even fighting off a bug I was able to stick with my eating plan and mostly to my exercise plan.  I did adjust a few workouts, but I still got them in.

So on to my weekly results...

Weekly Results:
Monday weight:  203.8 - down 4.6 pounds from last Monday - WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!
Weekly scale +/- (Mon-Sun all weights):  down 4.8
Workouts last week:  7
Workout minutes:  331 (not too shabby for fighting off a bug mid-week that left me feeling exhausted!)
Total miles last week:  13.25
Times at the YMCA:  4














































ONEDERLAND here I come!!!!!!!

How was your week? 
Are you getting the results you want?

Leave your comments so we can cheer you on!

Did you like this post?  
  • Leave a comment!  Who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
  • Sign up to receive new posts via email....simply put your email in the white box at the top of the page.    Then you don't have to remember to keep coming back to check for new posts!
  • Share the blog link with your facebook friends!
  • Pin a link on Pinterest...and don't forget to follow me!
  • Like my "Losing It" facebook page (I am posting at least once a day here!) -  https://www.facebook.com/losingit2012

4 comments:

  1. Your weekly results are awesome! Way to go! And you are rockin' that purple top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the awesome number!! It's so easy to get caught up in comparing yourself and your numbers to others... thank you for reminding me that progress is progress and some day, some week, maybe I'll see a nice number like that. Keep up the HARD WORK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GinaAnn! Yes, I have had to remind myself of that message several times on this journey. Just because the scale isn't cooperating, doesn't mean I am not making progress. There is much more to it that just the scale...the measurements, how clothes fit, the mental and emotional aspects as well! I have gained soooo much in the last year and a half, only a small fraction can be measured on the scale! Good luck to you - can't wait to hear the week YOU get awesome results from sticking in there and giving it your all! :-)

      Delete