Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I am looooooooong overdue for posting a new food recipe.  So y'all can thank my kids for tonight's little gem!  I had planned to treat them to chinese takeout (while I enjoyed my shake) but a fight ensued among the older children so I scrapped the treat and opted to cook at home for their punishment.....awwwww crap!  That means punishment for me too because now I have to figure out what to cook....boooo!

Ok, so I had defrosted some chicken breasts earlier with the hopes of having time to make the baked sweet and sour chicken that they love....no dice.  No time for that.  That's why I was opting for takeout.  So I scoured the pantry to come up with a plan C.  Let me tell you that my kiddos are picky eaters.  What one likes, the other hates.  So I pulled out my notebook of Pinterest recipes and found a new recipe that was neutral ground.  Yup, I opted for Switzerland tonight!  And bonus....it was a chicken recipe so I could use the meat that I already had thawed....score!  And double bonus....it only had 3 other ingredients, all of which I had on hand....winner!  And what a winner this recipe was!  So I was almost thankful that my kids had a fight....almost.

So if you are looking for a fast, simple, yummy, and low cal chicken recipe, be sure you try this one!


Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 package Good Season dry Italian Dressing mix
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Mix cheese, dressing mix and garlic powder
  3. Moisten chicken breasts with water, coat with cheese mixture.
  4. Place in shallow baking dish.
  5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Seriously, how easy is that?!?!?!?  Love it!  And all the kids liked it (shocking!!!!).  This recipe will for sure make the dinner rotation again soon!


I paired this dish with Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
  • 4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Place the cubed potatoes into a baking dish. (The cubes of potatoes should be about 3/4 of an inch on all sides) You can spray the baking dish with a baking spray too to eliminate anything possibly sticking
  3. Pile on the olive oil, garlic salt, salt, paprika, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Using your fingers, or a spoon if you feel inclined, get in to the potatoes and carefully mix everything around until the seasonings coat each potato.
  4. Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the potatoes with a pair of tongs. Put the baking dish back into the oven and bake for about 15 – 25 minutes more until they are golden and crispy.
  5. Season with an little dusting of sea salt if desired and serve.
And green beans for a veggie.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment