Friday, January 11, 2013

Motivational Monday - 1/7/13

Whew!  It's Monday again (at least it was when I started writing this post...oops!) and I think I am finally getting back on track after the skewed schedule of the holidays.  As usual, I had delusional grand plans to blog like crazy over the holidays.  Um yeah.  Sorry that didn't happen.  Instead I got a few things done around my house, enjoyed time with my family, worked out a bit more than usual, and put the finishing touches on the Biggest Loser contest I am hosting for fit camp....whew!  That sounds like a lot!  It was but it was a truly a blistfully relaxing holiday break!  Now that it's Monday and the first full week back at work, I am hoping I will survive!  Not sure I remember what it's like to work a 5 day week, but here goes nothing!

As you may have noticed, one of my new Year's goals was to be more consistent about logging my food.  I can say that so far so good.  You can follow me at My Fitness Pal....I can always use some more accountability partners!

I am also striving to post more on my Losing It facebook page.  Be sure to stop by there and "Like" the page.  My goal is to post something once a day....again so far so good!

So on to my weekly results (Dec 31-Jan 6)
Monday weight:  212.6
Weekly scale +/- (Mon-Sun all weights):  1.0 pound loss (but still up 1.2 from the last Monday post on 12/17...doh!)
Workouts last week:  7
Workout minutes:  235 I think - Harder to track now that I am not solely on the treadmill
Total miles last week: 14.12 (actually less - I know my runkeeper GPS was off on my 2 outdoor sessions this weekend.  Prob take off 2 miles)
No photo this week



This quote has brought me to my 2013 mission:  Variety is the spice of life.  99% of all I have been doing for exercise lately is cardio - walking/jogging on the treadmill.  It started out working great, but I hit a plateau again in December.  I have heard repeatedly that you should do 3 days cardio and 3 days strength and I have just struggled to change my routine.  So my mission right now is to add variety to my foods and workouts in an attempt to keep my body guessing.  

My main struggle this week....getting into a new routine.  I am trying to change things up so getting out of my rut is presenting some new challenges to overcome...getting myself to do different workouts, different workout times, new activities, new schedule....ah change.  I am trying to embrace it.  All in all I think its going pretty well. It definitely feels odd....going from doing the same workout all the time, at the same time of day to such varied routines, times and intensities - I am working on not feeling guilty when my workout isn't a 40 minute high intensity run.  I struggle with being ok that I get a lower calorie burn on the days I do yoga or another activity.  I am trying to get my brain to realize that I need those activities too so I can be successful.  I also struggle to keep myself on track and doing something every day.  My favorite part of having a routine is not having to think about what to do - I just would do it.  Having to think seems to give time for life to get crazy and make me question if I have time and for my inner fatty to try to come up with excuses why I should just sit on the couch instead.  But it is a process and I am striving to make today just a little better than yesterday.

What are you doing differently in 2013?



Did you like this post?  
  • Leave a comment!  Who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
  • Sign up to receive new posts via email....simply put your email in the white box at the top of the page.    Then you don't have to remember to keep coming back to check for new posts!
  • Share the blog link with your facebook friends!
  • Pin a link on Pinterest...and don't forget to follow me!
  • Like my "Losing It" facebook page -  https://www.facebook.com/losingit2012



No comments:

Post a Comment