- I gained 0.2 for the month - womp, womp. I was REALLY hoping for an awesome month. And I even stayed on track almost the entire month. Booo!
- I logged 88.81 miles on the treadmill this month
- I lost 4.75 inches this month
- I worked out 26 out of 31 days this month - only 5 rest days (goal was 4 though - womp, womp again)
- I have beaten my 5k personal record time multiple times this month.
I have been slacking again on logging my food and lack of variety in my food and workouts. Starting tomorrow I plan to be back to My Fitness Pal and planning for more variety in my food and workouts so stay tuned for updates on that!
And as I reflect on the month of December, I am reminded that 2012 really was an amazing year for me overall! I need to celebrate my successes even if they were short of my ultimate goals/wishes. I have come so far and have much to be thankful for and proud of. It was certainly quite a different year than I am used to!
A look back at my 2012 -
- I started actively logging my weight and food
- I came out of the "diet closet" and am openly sharing my story and progress with others
- I lost 49.2 pounds this year
- I have now lost 25% of my highest body weight
- I now weigh less than my driver's license says I do
- I have lost 46.25" since I started taking measurements in July
- I started regularly exercising
- I logged 402.3 miles on my treadmill just since I started logging in May
- I participated in four official 5k races
- I started running (or slogging as I call it)
- I finished c25k training program
- I have started being able to buy some size Large clothes
- My birthday and Christmas wish lists consisted of many fitness-related items
- I am more confident and happy
I wonder what 2013 has in store for me?? I struggle with goal setting anyway. I tend to wing it and be a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl - whatever happens, happens. It is hard to set goals for an entire year. I think partly because of all I have accomplished on this journey so far - I never dreamed I would be where I am today, let alone be even further!! I struggle to wrap my brain around what the possibilities are. It is hard to imagine where I might be next month, let alone in a year. But I do better when I am working toward a goal (don't we all??). So I am challenging myself to come up with a few new things to do or try. Here are a few of my goals (so far!):
- Get to Onderland and STAY there!
- Run an entire 5k (no walking)
- Finish a 5k in 30 min or less (I am at 40 min now)
- Do more outdoor running
- Fit into my "when I was 18" jeans (size 12 Rockies)
- Wear size 10 or less pants
- Wear size M tops
- Hit 100 pound total weight loss (at 70 now)
- Consistently log food in MFP and wear BM armband
- Continue taking measurements monthly
- Complete Jillian's 30 Day Shred workout (with before and after photos/measurements)
- Do more strength training
- Add more variety to my workouts and diet
- Take a group fitness class at the gym
- Minimum weekly blog posts
- Post daily on Losing It facebook page
What are your resolutions/goals for the upcoming year?
I want to cheer you on too!
May 2013 be an amazing year for all of you.
Did you like this post?