Monday, January 14, 2013

Motivational Monday - 1/14/13

Let me just start of by saying last week was a GREAT week!!!!! 


It really does!  Sometimes Often on this journey we don't get the instant gratification we want.  I am an "I want it NOW" girl, so that is hard for me to take.  Patience is definitely not my virtue.  But I am learning that with a lifestyle change, when you stick with it, you are rewarded.  I was THRILLED to see the scale finally go down this week.  What a joy to see some decent losses without the teeter totter up and down gaining and loosing the same 2-3 pounds I have been doing since Thanksgiving.  I think that the key to success this week was mixing things up with my workout routine.  I did water zumba, water tabata, weights, jogging, and walking.  I am really striving to add in more strength training.  Not only will that help my metabolism and help me get a better calorie burn, but it will help firm things up instead of being so floppy and flabby.

I am still trying to figure out how the workouts fit into my schedule.  I think by this next week I may have a plan to share with you and be pretty well on track.  I have to give a shout out to my fellow fit camp gal pal (and neighbor) Jen for asking me to the Y and getting me to try new things....who knew I would love the water classes so much and actually LOVE a group exercise class???  Yeah I would have lost money on that bet fo sho!!!  To my co-worker Brenda for holding me accountable to go to the Y over lunch to DO something (instead of just sitting at my desk working).  And another shout out to my brother in law Steve (and by the way ladies, he is single!) for being my personal weight trainer and helping me get over my mental block against weights and the intimidation and fear of the machines.  To my kids for understanding that time for workouts is something I need to do, for me and for them.  And last but not least, to my hubby - for trying to get into a workout routine of his own, for working with me so that I can cram all the workouts I want into my schedule (even when it means he is up earlier than he wants to be).  I am a very blessed and lucky gal!!   Hmmmmm...can you tell we watched the Golden Globes at our house last night??  Sounds a bit acceptance speachy lol!

So on to my weekly results (Jan 7-13)
Monday weight:  210.2 (down 2.4 compared to last Monday's weight)

Weekly scale +/- (Mon-Sun all weights):  down 3.0 can I get a wooooooo hoooooooo! 
Workouts last week:  5
Workout minutes:  321 (I think)
Total miles last week: 12.49 

Photo time!
Not sure you can see much of a difference in the pics.  But I can sure feel it!  This is a difference of only about 2-3 pounds, but the pants sure button easier this month.  And my girls commented that they were looser in the legs this time.  Sometimes the non-scale victories are sweeter than the lower numbers!  Enjoy ALL of the victories!  You have earned them!!

What was your victory this week???

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and read this!!!

Did you like this post?  
  • Leave a comment!  Who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
  • Sign up to receive new posts via email....simply put your email in the white box at the top of the page.    Then you don't have to remember to keep coming back to check for new posts!  I live and die by this option when reading other's blogs!!
  • Share the blog link with your facebook friends!
  • Pin a link on Pinterest...and don't forget to follow me!
  • Like my "Losing It" facebook page -  https://www.facebook.com/losingit2012

4 comments:

  1. Yea! You go girl! We can do this together! Water classes are awesome! Now if I can get over this darn cold/cough/feaver thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was such an encouragement to me. I only have 7 pounds to go and it is taking forever. I gain and lose the same 2 pounds. So this was helpful to not give up. I just have to keep doing the right things right! It will happen eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Keep up the progress! Definitely helps to be surrounded by some super supportive & helpful family/friends! Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete