Sunday, October 21, 2012

My fourth 5k race of the year

Today I did my fourth 5k race of the year.  Little did I know when I started this just how addicting it really was!  If you would have asked anyone I know if they were willing to bet money on me doing a 5k, let alone multiple ones and especially jogging during any of it you could have made some cha-ching!  

My official time for the 5k today was 47:24. I am proud of that for several reasons...

  • I shaved 10 MINUTES off of my 1st 5k time (just this spring on 3/24)!!! 
  • I jogged 12 minutes of this one today (thank you c25k!) 
  • I kept a good pace during my walking times...no easy feat since it was about 85 degrees out (and I don't do hot...aka anything over 73 degrees), windy and a kinda hilly course (compared to the others I have done...this is flat KS peeps!).
And I have to give a shout out to my awesome hubs for joining in the fun and doing his 2nd 5k and besting his last time....you ROCK babe!  

I am already looking forward to the next one and having an even better time.  I was even bummed to hear that there is a 5k I will be missing the weekend my hubby and I are out of town to celebrate our anniversary.  I know, I have LOST IT!  But not enough to change the trip and do the race.  There will always be more!  

Here are a few pics from today...

Before - 


After....with my partner in crime and good friend, Robin.  So thankful to have that girl push me along today!

My official race results:

My heart rate data (love, love, LOVE my HRM!!!!)


4 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Also, I nominated you for the Liebster blog award! Check out my post for more details! Your awesome!
    http://jessicamartinez1229.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-awardyea-buddy.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, thank you soooooo much girl! I am humbled and honored.....thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hey! I have Nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! To find more info go to my blog and check it out here.

    http://besawfitness.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-have-been-nominated-for-liebster-blog.html

    When you finish make sure to comment and let me know its posted so I can check yours out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much Michelle!!! I am humbled and honored! I will be writing up my post on that this weekend....you rock! :o)

      Delete