Monday, August 27, 2012

Do it anyway

So today was a lesson learned.  I have heard it a zillion times before....when you don't feel like working out, do it anyway.  You won't regret it if you DO workout but you will likely regret it if you don't.  Well today I 100% confirmed that lesson.

I am on week 2 of business travel this week.  I was gone M-F last week, home for the weekend and back on plane to be gone M-F again this week.  Very different than what I am used to.  I was up at 3:30 this morning to make my super early flight.  After an all day workshop by 4:30 when we ended for the day, my brain had turned to mush.  I just wanted to go to the hotel, check in and collapse in my bed.  Like ALOT! 

But......I felt bad for eating more calories than I prob should have (and not making the best choices possible....like the 3 cups of coffee I consumed to stay awake prob weren't the most effecive calories I could have consumed) and not being very active for the day.  I knew I should workout.  I knew I should work out.  But I didn't want to work out.  My inner fat kid was whining again.  Waaaaaay past nap time.  By this point I had a headache.  I had lots of excuses to keep me from working out.  But I think a little part of me wanted to prove to all the crazy people that say if you workout when you don't want to that you will feel better.  At that moment I was SURE they were total liars full of lotsa crap!

So I went down to the hotel gym to prove them wrong.  But they proved me wrong. 

I was hoping to be able to get 30 min in.  But I realized that I was feeling better.  My headache went away (perhaps it was the ibuprofin I took, but I am being optimistic here and crediting the endorphins) so I kept pushing and I ended up walking a 5k and finishing a tv episode.  And I felt really good after.  I was glad I did it anyway.  I felt proud, accomplished, confident and I did NOT feel guilty....no regrets.

So today I offer you encouragement.  When you don't want to do it, try anyway.  You may just surprise yourself!


Did you like this post?  
  • Leave a comment!  Who doesn't like to get a little page love! :o)
  • Sign up to receive new posts via email....simply put your email in the white box at the top of the page.  
  • Like my "Losing It" facebook page -  https://www.facebook.com/losingit2012
  • Share this post with your friends....facebook, pinterest, email....the more support the merrier!  We are all in this together!  My hope is that I can inspire at least one person to make healthy changes in their life like I was inspired.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment